Reclaimed Pitch Pine Herringbone
Reclaimed Pitch Pine Herringbone:
Parquetry is a geometric mosaic of wood pieces used for decorative effect. The Herringbone pattern is an arrangement of individual rectangle blocks, not adhered to panels. Herringbone floors may have been the first parquet pattern developed in Europe, perhaps because it simply involved turning the wood planks at an angle, and it also echoed zig-zag brickwork that had decorated churches and other buildings for centuries. These authentic reclaimed blocks are typically sourced from ancient European churches, the quality of the Pitch Pine is obvious upon inspection of the tight grain pattern.
- Sizes vary. Estimated 22mm thick.
- Solid wood only, unfinished
- Sides are clean, bottom can be glues down
- Will require sanding after fitting.
- All pictures are taken under natural light and are for reference only