What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which assist the functioning of a website. They collect certain basic information when users browse a website. They recognise visitors on subsequent visits and can authorise other designated websites to recognise them too.
Most of the data cookies gathers is anonymous, however, some collect browsing patterns and approximate location.
What are web beacons?
These are images (also known as ‘clear gifs’) on websites which gather limited information which includes a cookie number, timestamp and record of the page where they are located.
Some websites have web beacons placed by third party advertisers. Beacons do not collect person data and only track how effective a marketing campaign is (e.g. by counting the number of visitors).
You cannot be personally identified by information collected by cookies and web beacons.
We want your browsing experience with us to be valuable so we collect cookies from our users to assist this. It allows us to provide you with content targeted to your interests, which we hope will enhance your experience in on our website.
Cookies also help us to plan our marketing as they tell us what our visitors are looking for and how long they spend with us.
May we remind you that your browsing with us is confidential. Your privacy is our priority.
What types of cookie do we use?
There are two kinds of cookie:
- Persistent cookies stay on your device for a specified time period. Each time you visit the site they become active.
- Session cookies are temporary and allow us to link user actions when they are browsing. When the user opens the browser window the session begins, and when they close the browser window it finishes. All session cookies are deleted when the browser is closed.
The function of cookies
Cookies have four different functions and are put into categories:
- Strictly necessary cookies. Without these, you can´t navigate a website or use services such as contacting us. These cookies do not collect your personal information. We may use strictly necessary cookies to analyse numbers of site visitors.
- Performance cookies. These cookies don´t collect personal information, but they do monitor how users browse a site. We use performance cookies to monitor numbers of visitors, time spent on the site, pages clicked on and location. This information allows us to offer you services unique to you. Sometimes we may use independent third-party companies to perform this analysis, who may set up what is known as third-party cookies.
When you contact us, you give us permission to use your data to analyse your requirements and send you offers of interest in the future. If you do not wish us to use your data in this way you can, of course, inform us.
- Functionality cookies allow users to customise how a website looks: they remember usernames, language preferences and regions, and can supply a personal service tailored to the preferences of the user.
- Advertising and targeting cookies deliver advertisements appropriate to your browsing history. Websites use them to track the success of their advertising. These cookies can also provide security in transactions. They are usually placed on a site by third parties and can be used to share your interests with other relevant websites. These cookies do not know who you are.
You can find out how to opt out of these cookies by visiting www.youronlinechoices.com
How do I control cookies?
Most browsers automatically accept cookies but you can adjust the settings if you do not want this. You can see what cookies are on your device and delete them, block third-party cookies or cookies from certain websites and accept or reject cookies.
However, if you delete cookies you will lose your preferences and many websites will not work so you won’t be able to continue to browse. We, therefore, recommend you do not turn cookies off when using our website.
To find out more about the cookies on your device and adjust settings visit the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu on your browser. You can find more information on the following links:
Managing performance cookies
You can decline to have your anonymised browsing activity recorded by performance cookies.
The New & Reclaimed Flooring Company uses the companies below and you can opt out of their cookies by clicking on the relevant links. This will take you to the third party’s website and generate a ‘no thanks’ cookie, which will prevent any further cookies being set.
Please remember that by doing this we can´t find out what you like or improve our offering to you.
Google Analytics: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Please find below links to some of our partners who set cookies on our website and your device. Each has instructions on how to opt out.
Taboola – https://www.taboola.com/cookie-policy
If you continue to use our website you agree to cookies being placed on your device. If you select not to receive our cookies, your browsing experience with us may not be as satisfying as with cookies.